Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Symptoms: Fatigue, Nausea, and Increased Appetite (to some things)

Diagnosis: Preggers.

This news isn't broadcast-able yet, however, since I know I only have about three readers, I figured it was safe.

So yes, surprise! Surprise to me, surprise to you. Baby Bayly #3 is scheduled to arrive around February 15th, 2012 (which probably means February 22nd considering my last two were a week late).

If you know me and my obsessive-controlling personality, you would immediately know this was not exactly planned. As a teacher, I normally plan these things so I can deliver at the beginning of summer when I have paid time off. So, it wasn't planned, but I think this is the beginning of a new me. The "me" that is starting to realize you cannot plan or control everything. People plan. God laughs. And hey, it's a baby. A true blessing.

The good news is that we were definitely on board for another baby...we were just talking about waiting another year or two. But, in Greg's reacting words, "So we're having a baby now. Cool."

Another surprise in this pregnancy was that when I found out, I was already eight weeks along. So I went an entire month not knowing I was pregnant. And not because I don't pay attention to things.....my last period turned out to not be a period. Apparently it was "implantation bleeding." In hindsight, it now makes sense why it was so short and light and seven days before I expected it! Anyway, I will spare the rest of the details.

We just told the Grandparents a few days ago and have not told any friends just yet. I am eleven weeks along and just started feeling better. Haven't been sick in the past two days, so I think the worst is behind me. I will probably tell a few friends after next week's doctor's appointment. We had an ultrasound at nine weeks and the baby looked great and had a strong heartbeat. I just want to hear that beat one more time next week before I tell anyone else. I am pretty sure my 'best friend' is going to be a little annoyed since I am in her wedding on September 10th. Oh well, hopefully she'll get over it. She did clearly warn me that she didn't want any pregnant bridesmaids, so we'll see. If she's mad, I'll tell her to go suck an egg.

Now we are in the process of deciding between another twin bed or bunk beds for the girls' room. A four bedroom house would be really cool right about now, but doesn't look like it's going to happen any time in the near future, so we will just have to rough it. The girls will have to share a room. They know that is going to happen, however, they do not know why yet. I figure it would be easiest to tell them when I have a more prominent bump.

So there you have it. I love being pregnant and I am fairly certain this is the last round for us, so I hope it goes really slow. Now, the only thing I really need to work on is reversing a promise I made to Greg. I told him if we have a third baby, he can use his beloved girl name if it's a girl (which is probably is). I told him this a long time before I ever got pregnant and I really don't want this particular name, so I need to work on a strategy to change this possible girl name. I have 29 weeks. Wish me luck. (And no, I'm not revealing the name- haha).

Love, love, love.

2 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! Kyle and I are so excited for you and Greg!! That is just awesome! I hope you start to feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! I don't know what took me so long to get back to look at my bloggy stuff! Congratulations you guys!! Look what happens while we're off someplace! We're going to pick Lauren up at the airport in an hour - wait til we tell her!!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete