Thursday, September 6, 2012

People do this, right?

During challenging times, some people find comfort by advice from friends or family, some people find comfort by praying....I'm not sure where I got this, but it works and I'm sticking to it.  When I have those moments when all three kids are screaming at me, demanding something from me, and I'm trying to do five other things....say like cook, clean, WORK, get out the door....my comfort is found when I ask myself, "People do this, right?"  The answer is, "Yes, people do this.  People have three kids and survive."  I have definitely had those challenging days lately where I am constantly having to reassure myself that people do this and get through it.  It just gets crazy when trying to get one kid on a bus, another kid dressed and fed and a baby fed and changed.  The mornings always start off calm for the first ten minutes of awake time, then it just seems like it turns into this huge rush and the world is gonna end if everyone is not in their places at the right time.  We wake up, go-go-go, get the kids in bed/asleep to have maybe an hour of relax time before we pass out and wake up to do it all over again the next day. 

You know?  I really don't mind.  I have accepted it and I enjoy our happy life.  Sometimes though, after a several days of no real break, I start to go a little BAT SHIT crazy. That's all.  Just a lil.  This school year has been a huge adjustment with Brielle starting full-day kindergarten, Camryn starting Tuesday/Thursday preschool and well, adding another child to that mix---our sweet baby Kendall.  Also, I just started working again after a six month break.  I don't mind working once I get into the swing of things, but being a teacher....it's always crazy getting things in order for the start of school.  Needless to say, the past couple weeks have just been tough.  Camryn especially does not handle transition well.  When she started climbing out the crib at 15 months, we had to take her out so she didn't hurt herself.  Well, as much as the kid didn't want to stay in the crib, she didn't want us to take it either.  That was rough.  When we took her binky.  VERY rough.  When we moved her to Brielle's room to make room for Kendall---also rough.  Her beloved best friend and big sister leaving her all day long.....omigosh.  That first day of Brielle in school all day was so hard for Camryn.  It's only week two now and while she no longer cries when the bus pulls away, it's been weird in the afternoon when Brielle gets home.  Brielle is exhausted, disheveled and moody when she gets off the bus.  She loves school, but needs her space when she gets home.  It's hard to see Camryn so excited for her to get off the bus to have Brielle come in and ignore her or treat her badly. 

Ah well, I am certain what we are going through is pretty standard.  Again, people do this, right?  I don't want Camryn to be sad.....I still haven't adjusted to Brielle even being in school myself.....Soccer starts next week too (agggh...two different teams/times, etc).  But hey, people do this and they survive.  So, I will too.  :)

Again, so thankful my "problems" are not big.  Greg and I were talking when we were on "vacation" in California about how we really didn't enjoy one meal or relax one time.  It's too hard when you're always trying to make sure your kids are taken care of and happy.  He said, "I am sure in a few years we will be on vacation and they will not even want to be seen with us or be near us and we are going to miss this, so let's just cherish it."  And that we did.  #lovethislife

3 comments:

  1. Love you and love this blog. You and Greg are a great team and you will DEFINITELY "do this" Love to all of you and the girls xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love y'all! Couldn't love you and you're sweet family more! You're doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete