Wow, this might be a record---blogging two days in a row! For fear of being totally obnoxious, I generally refrain from overly happy posts, but I need to get at least one of them in here.
Today was a great day. I completed an organizational home task that I was meaning to do for months now. I won't even get into detail about what it was, but it took me several days and it's finished. I deliberately did not leave the house at all today because I felt the kids needed a lazy day. They were in jammies 'til at least 10 or 11am, we played random games and did silly things. My girlfriend came over for dinner and we had pizza and wine (more than usual--haha), and our kids played in the backyard. I was happy all day. I even got a nice jog in this morning before Greg left for work. Further, I even did burpees after my jog (not sure what that is? Ask Pinterest).
It's not at all unusual that I feel a steady stream of overjoy. I really am just so happy. I don't wish for something different and I am so happy with my life. My children are healthy, happy and beautiful. My husband is quite possibly one of the best and is most definitely an amazing father. We have a nice home, decent jobs that we don't hate, and great family and friends.
I have many friends who are not necessarily in this same boat. I have so many friends on anti-depressents, sleeping pills, etc. Maybe that is what helps me count my blessings? I am not sure. I just wanna say that I am happy and realize how good it is. I loooooooooove this time of life. I cannot help but to think about the fact that nothing majorly bad has really ever happened in my life. It's one of those things that I think all the time, but am terrified to say out loud for fear of jinxing it. I know I am lucky. I know some day I will face more hardship and I sincerely hope I can remember the dance through those times. (That is an allusion to a Garth Brooks song).
All smiles.
No comments:
Post a Comment